Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Work in Progress

Hi! Today I have been working on assembling a lot of those odd blocks of mine into a top. Some of them are paper pieced but most are just pieced as normal. Also, some of them are string pieced. Some of the designs I created myself, and those are the ones I am most proud of. The star string pieced block is Bonnie Hunter's Spiderweb quilt. I wanted to create a whole quilt out of those blocks but I ran out of the green plaid and a friend had given it to me... no way to track down more of it. So I ended up with about two blocks nagging at me. Most of the blocks, though, are ones that I just was testing a pattern and I decided not to make a whole quilt of them but I just couldn't toss them out. This is actually just laid out on my floor, though, not actually sewn so it's not really finished. I know all of you out there reading this have plenty of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) so I encourage you to assemble them into a top and get them out of your way!


Here you see the pieces that I am about to assemble into a nine patch. I am just working on random things right about now and these pics are from about a week ago...

And here is the finished nine patch! I really like the way this turned out and am probably going to do something with it... not quite sure what yet though!


Another thing I need to do next time I go to the store is get some piecing thread... I don't have any! I am most likely going to resort to drastic measures... hand piecing with the thread out of my sewing kit! lol! Also, if any of you have any ideas on how I could sell quilts to make some extra money, that would be most helpful. I want to be able to sell quilts so that I can buy more fabric! I don't really have all that much... well, I guess I'll post some more tomorrow. See ya!

3 comments:

  1. You always blow me away with your creative spirit...thanks for sharing your work with us, it serves as an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Spiderman Hand in the collage!! how cool!

    that nine-patch is so bright and awesome! maybe you could do a whole quilt in them? scrappy or not?

    love all your stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to test out blocks before I commit to an entire quilt also. It's a good idea to make a top out of all of them. Better than letting them collect dust and take up room in some drawer somewhere.

    Take a look at ArtFire for selling quilts online. http://www.artfire.com/ They have a mini membership that is free. There are no listing costs and no costs once you sell an item.

    It might be a better idea to find somewhere local to sell them though. It's tough to sell quilts online. I think most people like to see and touch the quilts. Baby quilts are usually a big seller around here. Maybe put up a poster at the local grocery store, library, etc. You can also sell things directly from your blog.

    ReplyDelete