Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scrap Fun!!

Today I was doing some more quilting and as you can see, I managed to add two more blocks to my string quilt. I think it is turning out good and I am having a lot of fun seeing that I have made several blocks of string quilting but no whole quilt tops or finished quilts. Recently I have been working on a lot of quilts that in past years, I have actually put away and forgotten. It is fun to sort through some old projects and start working on them again! It's kind of like rediscovering old friends!


Also, with some of the scrap fabrics that I received in the mail, I added some hexagons to my quilt. For those of you that have asked, I am not piecing this by machine, I am using a method known as English Paper Piecing and you have to do it all by hand.


And as for my hand quilting, I have been working on and off on it today, doing a few stitches here and a few there... eventually it will be finished! Have a good and quilty day!

~Jordan~

3 comments:

  1. I loooove your string quilt! And I'm surprised to learn you're just 12. Congratulations!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, this is Sandy from Loveyatostitches. If you are still excepting scraps, I would like to contribute. It may be a while once I get them all together. Send me your info in an email.
    Thanks
    love ya to stitches
    sjiselt@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are both coming along great! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete