Monday, August 24, 2009

Hi!

Hi there! This is going to be my quilting blog... someday I might actually find some time to work on sewing of any kind though. Well, I actually found some time to post and I found this survey on Sew Mama Sew's Blog so I thought it a good way to get started up...

What do you usually sew?
Quilts are my specialty...

When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
Ummmm, normally I try to limit myself to 1/2 yard cuts...

Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
I normally go out looking for something I need but am known for impulse buying at good sales...

Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
I do try to pre-wash but sometimes it's hard to wait for it to finish!

Do you iron it?
I do but I hate it!

How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
I don't actually have enough to even sort it yet. (At least that's my excuse! lol!)

Do you have any special folding techniques?
Not really, just if it's small I sometimes fold it like a hand towel...

How do you store your fabric?
I have it in stacks by my sewing machine!

What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
What I just started doing is when I go out to buy something for a project I'll buy a little extra. (i.e. If I need 2 1/2 yards I'll buy 3)

When do you say enough is enough?
Ummmm... I DON'T!!! LOL!

What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
I love scrap quilts of any kind.

Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
There's this brown with white polka dots... can't have enough dots!

What’s your definition of the perfect stash?
Whatever I could ever use in a lifetime! lol!

That was fun! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment