Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dear Jane Quilt-Block 1!!!

I've been oohing and ahhing over Dear Jane Quilts for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge... here is block number 1!!!



The polka dot material is the fabric from my stash that I said was my favorite. The white is also from my stash. It was fun to do but does use quite a few tiny pieces. It finishes at about 4 1/2"
and I think that it looks like some type of pinwheel. Sometimes it's just nice to grab some fabric from your stash and just sew a block. The reason I like Dear Jane so much is because it is like a sampler and if I have to make the same block with the same fabrics over and over again I think that I would be bored out of my skull! This block I would like to make a full sized quilt out of it but they would all have to have different main fabrics or I would still get bored. That's why I like scrap quilts so much, as you will soon find out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan,
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Be patient ... everybody's stash starts out small like that, even mine. Someday your stash will be the envy of any quilter.
    Wow, fantastic job on the Dear Jane block! I love Dear Jane and other samplers for that very reason too.
    =(^_^)=

    ReplyDelete